It is so essential that the places that we spend so much of our time are beautiful and inspiring. This week I went through a process of elevating my childhood bedroom from an aesthetic I had outgrown to a look that I love.
- Do not undervalue the power of decluttering. Go through your belongings often and be honest with yourself. Do you really need that piece or will someone else be able to get more use out of it?
- Have a rough system of organization for your furniture. Be intentional about the flow that your placements assert. This will change the energy and opportunities in the space.
- Organize your closet by colour and use.
- Be intentional with what is on your counters. Treat your surfaces like a decorative display, that also have a function.
- Organize your drawers for better functionality and elegance.
- Incorporate an area to do the things you love (painting, puzzles, yoga…) if you have the space available.
In the video below I walk you through my process in a bit more detail.
Would you like specific recommendations for your home? Send me a message and I can offer you a free consultation.